The fix is in for Super Bowl 54.
It’s going down on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Demi Lovato will belt out the national anthem and Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will dazzle us with halftime show performances.
It’s gonna be a helluva game with the San Francisco 49ers going up against the Kansas City Chiefs who have not made a Super Bowl appearance in 50 years.
About 100 million people will be watching the game, along with the New England Patriots organization whose run as the Super Bowl “usual suspects” was interrupted this year by the Tennessee Titans.
Are the Chiefs hungry? You better believe they are.
And this game will require some good grub to take you from the opening coin toss to the final touchdown.
My Sweet and Southern Ground Turkey Meatballs are just the addition you need for your Super Bowl menu line up.
The grated sweet potatoes and fresh chopped spinach makes them super moist and a healthy choice. The homemade Sassy Sauce recipe is rich and flavorful with a lovely sweetness. These tasty little meatballs can be served as appetizers or as sliders on your favorite dinner rolls.
Keep them warm on the sideline in a Crockpot. Keep some grated Parmesan cheese, chopped Pepperoncini peppers, fresh chopped parsley and scallions at the end zone and there will be no delay of game.
This recipe is a touchdown with extra points.
Sweet and Southern Ground Turkey Meatballs
Moist and tasty turkey meatballs in a delicious sauce.
2 pounds ground turkey room temperature
½ teaspoon Chipotle Chili pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried chopped onion
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup fresh chopped spinach, firmly packed
½ cup fresh grated sweet potato, firmly packed
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey and all listed ingredients. Using a fork or your hands, gently mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Form into 28 to 30 balls and place on to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and add to Sassy Sauce.
- Serve as appetizer or as sliders. Garnish with grated Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped bell pepper
½ cup chopped red onion
1 clove chopped garlic
29 ounce can tomato sauce
8 ounce can crushed pineapple
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Gather all your ingredients.
- To a sauce pan set on medium heat, add olive. Once heated, add bell pepper and onion.
- Sauté the mixture 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly brown. Add chopped garlic to mixture and sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover sauce pan and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add meat balls.
Note: sauce and meatballs can be kept warm by placing them in a Crockpot set on warm setting.